old church doors 2006 1044x1080The old building was erected by the Icelandic Evangelical Lutheran Church of Christ in 1956. It merged with the German Evangelical Lutheran Church of the Cross in 1989. It was then renamed Oakridge Lutheran Church. The entry sides of the doorways have the symbols of two merged congregations with a chi-rho and cross. These doors were selected and built into the renewed entrance by Pastor Adolph Manz and his brother, a stone-mason, Edgar Manz in 2006. After serving the congregation for six years, Pastor Manz retired in July 2009. Photograph by Adolf Manz.